The tiger moth was built without the benefit of brakes or a starter motor, so yes, she'll be hand swung to start her, and our ground crew will be taking the 'chocks away' as we set off.
Climbing out, we'll see the airliners going into and out of nearby Gatwick, but we won't be bothering them. We'll be cruising over the beautiful landscapes of the South East.
Our Tiger Moth was manufactured in Portugal in 1939, the aeroplane was flown to Mozambique and then onto Northern Rhodesia where it was used for general transport. Many aircraft in this area were given names, this Tiger Moth was known as "Nokomis", Daughter of the Moon but to the local Africans it was simply known as "The Big Bird". Eventually the aircraft found its way to England.
Each voucher entitles
to participate in this experience. The voucher is
transferable, which means that anyone can use it.
The voucher remains valid for bookings for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Please contact the operator using the details printed on your voucher to arrange a date for
* The aicraft flown will be a Tiger Moth DH82a, but we do reserve the right to substitute a similar open cockpit vintage biplane if need be.
* Flights may be rescheduled by the flyer, but if with 7 days notice or less, a payment of 15.00 UKP will be required.
* non-arrival at the field on the scheduled flight day will be a 'no-show' and the voucher will be regarded as void
* Max weight 16st, disabled flyers welcome, please make the nature of any disabilities clear when calling to arrange your flight date
* All flyers must supply a telephone number on which they can be contacted in case of short notice delays or cancellations
Booking your event
We recommend that you purchase your voucher and make a booking for your event
at least one month prior to your chosen date. This is particularly important
for weekend events.